Re: Audio in Core 6

Mpg123 worked before, and still does. But I was talking about a GUI. Somehow command-line doesn't suit media players, IMHO.

Any ideas on xmms or audacious?

TIA,

Steve

On Wed, 24 Jan 2007 15:36:41 -0600, Amadeus W. M. <amadeus84@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

On Wed, 24 Jan 2007 12:41:38 -0600, S. Feldman wrote:

Hello,

I'm still a bit new to Linux and FC6; trying to tweak up my install (HP
Pavilion laptop) and have been having trouble with xmms.  I had it
running, but for some reason tried to upgrade it (via the GUI package
upgrader, I think) and lost MP3 capability.  I managed to bring it back
(older version?) with yum, and then yum'ed xmms-mp3. Now xmms accepts the request to play the MP3, but it runs through a 20 minute program in about
20 seconds w/o emitting any sounds at all!  What did I do wrong?

Separately, I tried to install audacious, and it too has a separate plugin
pack for MP3, but when I try to install (manually) the pack, it gives me
errors saying "Have you installed audacious yet?". What do I gotta do to
get MP3 capabilities on Linux?  (I've got mpg123 running, but...)

What happens if you play the mp3s at the prompt using mpg123?
yum install mpg321      (note the reverse order).

mpg123 file*.mp3

Then what happens?

--
S. Feldman