Re: new usb problem with livna kernel

On 1/24/07, Tim <ignored_mailbox@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Wed, 2007-01-24 at 07:06 -0500, jack wallen wrote:
> that's the kernel that i'm using. it was downloaded via yum and the
> livna repo to make use of the nvidia drivers (kmod and all).

I'm sure that if you were watching the update process, it would have
shown that you were getting the nvidia stuff from livna, and the kernel
from the Fedora mirror.  Dependencies are resolvable across mirrors,
it'll get them from where they're available from.

Exactly.  There is no Livna kernel.  Jack ran into the i586 vs. i686
kernel bug which made yum unhappy when he tried to install the nvidia
drivers.  Details here for the interested:
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Bugs/FC6Common#head-e0676100ebd965b92fbaa7111097983a3822f143

Jonathan