Re: I have a corrupt FC6 rpmdb after a timed-out yum update; rpm --rebuilddb fails

Kenneth Wolcott wrote:
Hi Jim;

  The sequence:
    1> delete the rpm db
    2> rebuild rpm db
    3> yum update
  took almost ten hours, but it worked!

The key was to use -y on yum so it wouldn't time out on me when I gave up watching it take forever...

Thanks folks,
Ken

Ten hours seems like a long time for the update to complete. As posted by you on your computer specs, it is great that it eventually finished successfully.

Yum must of bombed before it got to where it could of caused multi-versions of the same package within the rpm database.

You might want to install the yum-utils package and run
'package-cleanup --problems' to see if there are any problems with packages installed.

Jim

--
The problem with any unwritten law is that you don't know where to go
to erase it.