Re: Getting Fox News to work with Firefox

On 23/01/07, David Boles <dgboles@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Really? Okay. Checking... I am sorry. Both you and Aaron Konstam are posting
similar but different problems under the same subject line. That is called
thread highjacking but we won't go into that now. It can confuse things can it
not?

Actually, I wasn't posting a problem rather trying to help Aaron with
his. But I may have encountered a different problem than he did, and
therefore inadvertantly hijacked. That was not my intention. Actually,
it looks as if different list members are all getting different
results with that site.

> When you say my site, are you refering to dotancohen.com? Of course
> I'm not blocking linux! If you are refering to the citibank site, it's
> not my site. I didn't post that link.

I did not know that you have a site. Is that your family? Your wife and child?
Nice pictures.

Thank you. Yes, that is our new daughter.

I guess that I was unclear. I meant your site - the Citibank site because I
had thought it was your that did post it.

> And I too can reach the site. But certain parts of the site pop up an
> "error" that I'm using the wrong operating system. Thats blocking, my
> friend.

I do not have this happen to me at all. It works on my son's Mac with Firefox
2.0.0.1. It works for me with Windows XP PRO and the same Firefox. And it
works with Fedora Linux (Rawhide) and Firefox 2.0.0.1. All with FLASH 9 installed.

Hmm, the error message says that Firefox is supported under Windows
and Mac, but not Linux. However the linux blocking seems to be
inconsistent between list members. May it be filtering on geographic
area as well? I'm being block, and I'm in Israel. Anybody else care to
post their results?

The only notice I get is that they want FLASH installed and all that gives you
is the advertisements to read.

I have FlashBlock installed. That could be a problem.

The site appears to use FRAMES. That could be your problem. What are you using
browser and other information you might offer would be helpful?

Swiftfox 2.0.0.1 with FlashBlock (and some other irrelevant extensions).

I am not trying to argue with you about this. I am trying to help you. You
sound frustrated but if you don't want my help please just say so and I will
be more that happy to stop trying.

I didn't think that this was an arguement. I actually thought that we
were both trying to help Aaron :) And I am certainly not frustrated,
but if I came off that way then I'm sorry. I'm not the best at
expressing myself with words, at least that's what the wife says :)

Dotan Cohen

http://technology-sleuth.com/short_answer/what_is_a_firewall.html
http://lahes.com