Re: How NSA access was built into Windows

Gene Heskett wrote:
> Ummm, 27 minutes down to 9 minutes, for ONLY the 4th time I've built
> that kernel?

That amount of savings isn't at all unreasonable.  From the ccache
homepage (http://ccache.samba.org/):

Performance

Here are some results for compiling Samba on my Linux laptop. I have
also included the results of using Erik's compilercache program
(version 1.0.10) for comparison.

            ccache  compilercache
normal      13m 4s  13m 4s
uncached    13m 15s 15m 41s
cached      2m 45s  4m 26s

> I'd think if it was going to be that effective, it would have seen
> it on the 2nd build, not the 4th.

I don't know enough about ccache or your setup to know why you didn't
see an improvement from the 2nd time on.  If you're changing config
options between each build that would likely change some of the
resulting compiled objects and then they wouldn't match the cache.

> ccache-2.4-7.fc6 is installed though.

If it's installed, then it will account for some significant amount of
time savings.

Eat drink and be merry, for tomorrow they may make it illegal.