Re: How NSA access was built into Windows

On Sun, 2007-01-21 at 17:11 -0500, Gene Heskett wrote:
> On Sunday 21 January 2007 14:36, Lyvim Xaphir wrote:
> >On Sun, 2007-01-21 at 01:14 -0500, R. G. Newbury wrote:
> >> David Boles wrote:
> [and I snipped, we have enough trolls under this bridge already]
>
> Also, to add a bit of fuel to the fire, I just rebuilt my 2.6.20-rc4 again
> after having found some more selinux stuff in the previous build that I
> am now running without.

Good grief!  More?  Are you able to keep up with all those mods without
a scorecard?

> 1: Now my logs are clean again.
>
> 2: It took me 27 minutes to build that selinux free kernel.  Now check
> this, after having added quite a few usb network related modules as I'm
> trying to get into a wap11 via the usb port, which will allow me to do a
> reset to factory, something I cannot do from the snmp interface because
> that interface requires the old password, something I've forgotten in the
> 8 months since I last used this device.
>
> #> time ./makeit
> [snip about 200k of make output]
> All done! Edit grub.conf, reboot and chose your kernel at the grub prompt
>
> real    8m42.183s
> user    4m21.606s
> sys     1m11.805s
> [root@coyote linux-2.6.20-rc4]#
>
> Now, I could have done something to speed this system up that's not
> related to selinux, but the only things I've done is to rip out the livna
> versions of mplayer and mplayerplugin with --nodeps, and put them back in
> from dries before they were missed, and then restart firefox from its own
> file menu pulldown, (normal quits and re-runs didn't seem to do it) and
> now both foxnews and cnn video's now play, although cnn's videos act like
> the server is in need of quite a bit more iron in its diet.

I had to do the exact same thing for this FC5 install, to get all
video's working.

> Now, somebody, preferably Dr. Smalley, please explain to me why I should
> run something that takes a 9 minute compile and makes it take 27 minutes
> to do it.  And the rest of the system just plain feels snappier.
>
> Go ahead, I'm waiting...  In the meantime I'm gonna reboot and see if
> dmesg says it found that wap11 on the end of a usb cable plugged into the
> front panel.

Have you kept a copy of your kernel config file, and if so would you be
willing to email me a copy of it offlist?

LX
--
Off Topic or Political Discussions: