Re: Getting Fox News to work with Firefox

On Monday 22 January 2007 12:18:00 am Dotan Cohen wrote:
> On 22/01/07, David Boles <dgboles@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > Before you do that you should know that both Fox and CNN videos are made
> > for Windows Media Player display. I seriously doubt they they will be
> > able to do anything to help you.
>
> That's exactly the reason that I write to them. If they are made for
> Windows Media, then they are repelling Linux and Mac customers. They
> just might not realize that. Or, they might think that there are not
> enough Linux users to cater to them. Let them know that they are
> wrong.

FWIW, I have just tried CNN and Fox quickly and both work fine in
KDE/Konqueror. So it looks like a Firefox problem to me.

I also tested these sites with the current trunk and branch nightly builds of
Firefox and both fail to work "as is".

Colin
--
Fedora Core 6 ("Zod")