Re: Beagle

On Fri, 2007-01-19 at 10:03 -0500, Ken Nordquist wrote:
> When I try to run 'beagle-search' as root, I get this warning...
> "Beagle cannot be run as root.  For security reasons, Beagle cannot be
> run as root.  You should restart as a regular user."  Pretty easy.

Sounds good.  Does it give a similar warning to those who try to use it
graphically, not from the command line, as root?  I'm guessing that's
the missing part of Gene's problem.

I don't have problems with tools that won't run as root, that shouldn't
be run as root.  Or tools that give you fair warning about it.  I'm not
impressed by anything that silently fails to work.

NB:  I neither have beagle installed, nor run as root, so I can't test
this myself.

I read messages from the public lists.