Re: Kopete & video

On Thursday 18 January 2007 18:07, Gilboa Davara wrote:
> On Thu, 2007-01-18 at 08:59 +0000, Anne Wilson wrote:
> > On Wednesday 17 January 2007 23:17, Dotan Cohen wrote:
> > > Thanks, Keith. I'm saving this email for when I install in the next
> > > few weeks. Of course I'd prefer a working Kopete, but this might be a
> > > good chance to try out the latest Gaim||Amsn if it doesn't.
> >
> > Messages on the kde-users list have led me to believe that only the very
> > latest kopete is going to work for us.  Meanwhile, aMSN looks like the
> > best option for the moment.
> >
> > Anne
> > --
>
> 3.5.6 is just 'round the corner.
> Does it include the required kopete fix?

I'll ask on the kde-users list - before I file the BZ :-)

This was said on the list last week -

> You should be able to build Kopete separately and install it over the
version
> that came with Kdenetwork. I don't know much about building on Fedora,
> though.

I'm using kopete 0.12.3 in Gentoo but I can't see anything regarding
sound in kopete. Video works reasonably well, (much better than prev
versions) although it still crashes the whole kopete from time to
time. Also, Kopete allowing duplicate instances of the same camera
makes no sense.

If this version supports sound I would like to know how. Checking the
manual I can't find anything.

No-one answered.

Anne