Re: How NSA access was built into Windows

Tim:
>>> Taking the opposite line of attack, it is possible to completely
>>> remove it from a Linux installation, isn't it?

Lyvim Xaphir:
>> Good question.  I'd like to find out about that myself.

Steven P. Ulrick:
> I don't know if this is a full answer to the above question, but I
> thought that I'd try running "yum remove *selinux*" just for fun.  See
> the result at: http://www.afolkey2.net/Projects/selinux.txt
>
> For the impatient, the file referred to above says that I would need
> to remove 979 RPM's:

   [including the kernel]

I'd be inclined to try using something other than YUM, though.  Having
read messages about yum removing one package resulting in the complete
removal of Gnome or KDE, etc...

Of course, you don't have to use the provided kernels, likewise for
other packages.  You could roll your own without any dependency on
SELinux.  Though that rather obviates the purpose for using a distro.

I read messages from the public lists.