Re: evolution mail.dat

On Sun, 14 Jan 2007 11:53:22 +0100, Ambrogio <fn050202@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Il giorno dom, 14/01/2007 alle 11.13 +0100, roland ha scritto:

maybe, maybe not.
I think ther must be a plugin for mozilla.
I am just wondering why I am the only one with this problem, because
someone wrote tnef and ktnef
I had some problems with attachment before (I don't remember what
version of evo) when someone send attachment to me from windows using
the send to menu.
Or when email me some web pages.

Now I don't have this problem, but maybe because I educated my
correspondant to not use some "Windows Features".

I think you must try to understand how to reproduce the problem (after
upgrading evo).

Bye
 Ambrogio

The problem is, as I understand, that one can send an email as html,text and richtext. If you send the email as richtext, sometimes or maybe allways microsoft changes the annex in winmail.dat. To open this annex, one needs a plugin in mozilla. I read the howtos of tnef, but I was not succesfull in installing it. Is looks very complicated to me. Maybe Ktnef does it better? I just do not know how. Maybe I can find something on ktnef. Off course I can save it on the desktop and open it, but this looks for some clients to complicated, being spoiled by microsoft.

ciao
--
Roland Brouwers
C.A.T. bvba