Re: Ripping sound from videos with mplayer

Ric Moore wrote:
On Fri, 2007-01-12 at 12:04 +1030, Tim wrote:
On Thu, 2007-01-11 at 15:09 -0500, Ric Moore wrote:
The only format my car stereo will accept is MP3, right??
How would we know that?  ;-)  Have you tried any others, like ogg?

I guess I should say I only paid about $80 for the POS, but what I was
asking is that, in general, if it will play anything it would be mp3's?
I have burnt other CD's for the road, and they all work justa fine. This
is a bit of strangeness. I ripped the videos audio tracks to wav.
Mplayer plays them just fine. Then I fired up k3b. I used the built-in
encoding process to to convert those files to MP3'. Mplayer plays them
just fine as I tested that. Then I try to drag them into the project box
and I get an error that they are unsupported formats.
Am I gone around the bend? Do I unlock this door with the key of
imagination when beyond it is another dimension? A dimension of sound? A
dimension of sight? A dimension of mind? Am I moving into a land of both
shadow and substance... of things and ideas? Maybe I have just crossed
over into the ...tWiLiGhT zOnE. <Zorch!> Ric

You need to install the "k3b-mp3" package.

Regards,

John