Re: Thuderbird as an Evolution replacement ? (Evolution things...)

On Jan 9, 2007, at 8:52 AM, James Wilkinson wrote:

Kim Lux wrote:
I'm finding that Evolution is slow to process incoming mail when
filtering spam and it runs with a high nice priority that seems to hog
the CPU sometimes when I am multi tasking.

One option you might want to look into (although it would mean some
configuration) is to download your e-mail separately from your mail
client. If you set up something like fetchmail + postfix (or sendmail if
you must) + SpamAssassin + procmail, then mail will trickle in to your
machine periodically and be filtered in the background. When you open up
a mail client, it's already there and filtered.

You could also add in Dovecot to "publish" the e-mails over IMAP. That
would mean that Dovecot is responsible for storing your e-mails, not
your mail client, and means that you can switch mail clients and have
all your e-mail Just There and working.

or you can use mutt via ssh instead of installing dovecot