Re: Thuderbird as an Evolution replacement ? (Evolution things...)

On Tue, 2007-01-09 at 14:56 -0700, Robin Laing wrote:

> First, do you have imap access or even pop access to your mail server?
> We don't, we have to use Evolution-Connector.  Talk to your IT staff.
>
> If you do, then just use Thunderbird.  I wish we did.
>
> I use Evolution to get my mail and move it to an export box.  Then I
> save the messages and open them in Thunderbird.  This is about 3 times
> faster than letting Evolution move and sort my mail from the exchange
> server.  This is the first thing that worked since the change in
> December, at least the way I want.  I am still looking at options to
> continue using Thunderbird with our non-imap/non-pop server.

Not sure you're comparing apples to apples here.  Evolution is much
faster in imap mode against an exchange server with imap enabled
than it is with the same server in exchange-connector mode (but
of course it doesn't get the calendar that way).   Evolution seems
a lot faster to me than thunderbird at things like flipping between
threaded and non-threaded views of a large mailbox.

--
  Les Mikesell
   lesmikesell@xxxxxxxxx