Problem with real player

Hello,
 I installed fedora core 6 recently. I have a problem with realplayer.
When i try playing songs from internet (these  are .ram files), the song
does not play. The default player is totem player (is totem the default
player in FC6?) and it gives an error that the file cannot be played. I
have the following questions.
1) How can i change the default player to real player on FC6?
2) Can totem play .ram files? If so, i wouldn't mind keeping that as the
default player.