Re: How to display CLI output on another machine

On Mon, 2007-01-08 at 20:27 +0100, Nigel Henry wrote:

> > However, I thought the object of this exercise was to
> > mail it somewhere.  With the appropriate setup, machine B should
> > be able to mail to the same place as machine A.
>
> Hi Les. the main problem regarding mail, is that I download the mail on
> machine A using Kmail. Kmail is setup to remove mail from the ISP's POP3
> server.
>
> I use bogofilter as a spamfilter on machine A, and quite honestly to set it up
> for all the different distros that I run on machine B would be a nightmare,
> so the mail comes in on machine A, therefore replies to mailing lists need to
> be sent from machine A.
>
> If I didn't need to deal with spam there would never be a problem, but sadly
> that isn't the case.

It is not necessary to download anything to make outbound mail work. It
tends to be handy to at least make the system command line mail work
so you can get text to yourself by piping through it or redirecting
files instead of having to coordinate filenames and locations to
drop them.  You can also set up a GUI mailer to not download anything
automatically if you prefer to send that way.

--
  Les Mikesell
   lesmikesell@xxxxxxxxx