Re: How to display CLI output on another machine

linuxmaillists@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
Apologies for my ignorance but I'm not having much
success here.

X is running on both machines, which are both next to one
another. At the moment I have text on KDE's Konsole on
machine B. I need to be able to see this text on machine
A. I can ssh into machine B from machine A with no
problem. I can then type "konsole", but this just opens
an empty konsole. What I'm looking for is to display
what's on machine B's Konsole on machine A.

Sorry that I'm not terribly clued up.

Nigel.

ssh -Y to B from A then fire up your KDE konsole and do your work then you will have the information on B on the screen on A and then paste it into your e-mail on A.

Yes, after the fact you have to work from the machine
that already has the text on the screen and can thus copy
it to the X clipboard.  You can ssh -Y from there to some other
machine, start the program where you need this text, and paste
it in.  However, I thought the object of this exercise was to
mail it somewhere.  With the appropriate setup, machine B should
be able to mail to the same place as machine A.

Anyway, in the future, just be aware that you can do all the
steps from any convenient X screen.  Just ssh -Y to the places
you want to run the commands and you'll be able to cut/paste
among the screens.

Another way you can do something similar is to install the vnc
module in the X server.  Then you can connect with any vnc client
and pick up everything currently on the screen.

--
  Les Mikesell
   lesmikesell@xxxxxxxxx