Re: Post FC6 upgrade SELinux problem

Tim wrote:
On Thu, 2007-01-04 at 08:54 -0500, Kirk Lowery wrote:
The problem is that getting my desktop machine back its original state
under FC5 after a fresh install of FC6 would be a huge effort.

To be honest, backing up system and personal configurations, then
re-instating them on a new system takes less time than doing an update
and trying to resolve all the differences and problems that crop up
between releases.

Sorry for the late response but I was doing an upgrade to FC6 from FC4 and I will agree. A couple of the computer people here said they had done it with no issues. Boy, I shouldn't have listened to them. Three days later I was finally running.

Maybe it would be a good idea to create a document or script on how to speed up the upgrade. Such things as scripts to check and compare RPM's installed and migrate configuration files to the new system.

I won't do an upgrade again.  A second HD for the new OS from now on.

--
Robin Laing