Re: A really good article on software usability

Tim:
>> Too much like that disastrous re-arrange your mess of the start menu on
>> Windows (which wouldn't be needed if the thing was organised, in the
>> first place).

Anne Wilson:
> I certainly wouldn't quote fedora's menu, at least under kde, as a
> good example.

Me either, though the Gnome one's not too bad.  Apart from the STUPID
generic naming of some items, instead of naming the particular item.

e.g. Internet Messenger instead of Gaim instant messenger.
     Or Audio Player, instead of XMMS audio player (I've got more
     than one audio player).
     An so on...

> As for the windows one, I've often rearranged it and never had it
> revert.

Sounds like they get rid of that disaster for XP then.  But to replace
it, by default, with a whacking huge panel where people can't find what
they want.