Re: Cups broken and my stomach is upset - Anger Management in Action Danger! Danger! Will Robinson!

On Mon, 2007-01-08 at 18:16 +1030, Tim wrote:
> On Mon, 2007-01-08 at 02:12 -0500, Ric Moore wrote:
> > I printed out some plain text documents for my project and then cranked
> > up gimp to print one graphic page for the cover of the Dvd that I am to
> > send. Well, what had been just plain ole working about a week or so ago,
> > started sucking in paper with one line printed saying
> > "%!PS-Adobe-3.0
> >          %%Creator: Print plug-in V4.2.7 - July 2004 for Gimp/Gimp print
> >
> > ... and then proceeded to suck and spit paper out onto the floor.
>
> I've never had the greatest of luck printing through GIMP, I've resorted
> to using other programs to print the graphics, at times.  But have you
> gone through the various print options that GIMP presents (including
> which drivers, etc.).  It might be GIMP print not CUPS that's at fault.

That's the helluvit, it worked just a few weeks ago. I managed to get
the thing to print and it looks like pink and greyscale now. Fairly new
cartridge for color. I'm going blind on this, and royally peeved. Maybe
I should take my own advice and just install centOS to get stable. I
like the folks here, and would rather remain, but my project is ramping
up into a semblance of a reality and re-inventing the wheel isn't one of
my strong suites. I'm not a tool builder. I am a user with some modicum
of experience, so I can usually hack and slash my way around. I had
several printer selections using the same printer at different print
resolutions. They're gone. Found a bugzilla on that one. Someone else
with officially a similar problem. It used to work just fine until
someone did something and it is home to roost on my machine. Damnit. Now
it's 3:35 AM on the east coast and I keep hoping I'll fix it. I'm nuts.
I know I'm not supposed to have "expectations of others", but in this
case I do. Just print for me reliably. That's all I need, that and a
good 25 cent cigar. Ric

http://www.sourceforge.net/projects/oar
http://www.wayward4now.net