Cups broken and my stomach is upset - Anger Management in Action Danger! Danger! Will Robinson!

Woof... I cannot REALLY start typing how I truly feel or I would be
lashing out in pure white hot anger and I've been taught to not do that.
So, FC6 and I are at odds tonight and I am venting about what just
happened. <being reasonable with a SMILE!> Right.

I printed out some plain text documents for my project and then cranked
up gimp to print one graphic page for the cover of the Dvd that I am to
send. Well, what had been just plain ole working about a week or so ago,
started sucking in paper with one line printed saying
"%!PS-Adobe-3.0
         %%Creator: Print plug-in V4.2.7 - July 2004 for Gimp/Gimp print

... and then proceeded to suck and spit paper out onto the floor.

Here's where it got ugly. My friend Pete, heavy certified (dot-net, blah
blah) Window programmer and user, laughed.

There was no "laughing with me" as I was not laughing. So, I feel
laughed "AT"! I think he left when my pupils got real small.

GDmitt My friends, you have NO IDEA how much I am stuffing at the
moment, my project isn't going out the door in the morning as I had
hoped and promised because my GD printer won't print a graphic page
without going into a demon from hell chucking pea-soup head spinning
around scene. Woof! Woof! Stuffing! Stuffing! Even my field of vision is
narrowing and that is not good for wayward4now, nosirree.

What is with July 2004????? Two and half years ago?? That's some sort of
FC6 update??? WTF?? <stomach churning> Wow! Somehow something got
broken! <raves, falls down and chews the rug foaming at the mouth>

So, I checked the log and it seems I got cups updated automagically 4
days ago. Great!! I'll BLAME THAT! Gotta have someone/something to
direct this at and it sure as heck ain't me this time. What's the deal?
I've tried to re-setup cups yet attempts at the setup say there is no
"client"? WTF? Who's the client? if not me? I don't know, but I'd bust
him in the teeth about now so I could get my printer back from this
client person. I know I sure had a client of my own, as I printed a
bunch of graphical jobs around Xmas like a charm.

Just a printer, just a plain ole printer that the Windows Users just
take for granted, that once set up it will probably always work. It's
not so much to ask. It's one of the major computer food groups: cpu,
gpu, mouse, printer.

That's all, I'm EASY to get along with. Yet I'm sizzling over this and
venting venting venting to get to where I feel better. Thanks for your
patience. I hate doing anger management at 1:45 in the AM. dammit. All
my anger management has done for me so far is that I haven't turned over
the room or gone outside to flip the house over onto the roof with a
stolen front-end loader. I'll just have to settle down, even though I
know where the front-loader is parked and it needs no keys. I know I
must remain reasonable and be responsible for my actions. That's why the
aluminum baseball bat is in the garage away from the house. I can feel
the rough texture of the electrical tape on the handle about now... I'm
getting better, really I am.

Anyone have a clue, I'd love to have it, but I'll "defer my
gratification" until the morning. I'm just going to get under the covers
and hope that the sound of my teeth grinding doesn't keep the dogs up,
<smiles weakly> Maybe I'll put Bing Crosby on and listen to some sleigh
bells jingling cr*p. <chuckles>  Ric

http://www.sourceforge.net/projects/oar
http://www.wayward4now.net