Re: seamonkey update in FC5 is broken?

On 1/6/07, Joe Smith <jes@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Lonni J Friedman wrote:
> I had been using seamonkey from extras.  I think seamonkey got
> promoted into core as of yesterday, and as a result replaced mozilla,
> and created this fiasco as someone thought that creating a seemless
> transition for those still using mozilla was more important than for
> those who had been using seamonkey all along.

Ok, that makes sense even if it was a big nuisance for me as a SM user.

In addition to the other problems, when my installed seamonkey package
was updated, it failed to take into account the fact that the previous
"seamonkey" package included the whole suite, so it did not install all
the packages needed for equivalent functionality (like mail!).

I got all of the other packages.

Also, the /usr/bin/mozilla script works, but coughs up these errors:

$ mozilla
grep: error while loading shared libraries: libc.so.6: cannot open
cut: error while loading shared libraries: libc.so.6: cannot open shared
object file: No such file or directory
sed: error while loading shared libraries: libc.so.6: cannot open shared
object file: No such file or directory

Why? I don't know.

Yea, same errors here, so its not just you.

> It was just a matter of copying them all from the old location to the
> new, so it wasn't too painful .

Since forever I've installed the plugins in /usr/lib/mozilla/plugins,
which is checked and used by every mozilla version, FF, and seamonkey as
well. The updated SM picked up all my plugins from there as well.

In my experience that has never worked consistantly.  Sometimes the
plugins seem to work from /usr/lib/mozilla/plugins, and other times
they do not.

L. Friedman                                    netllama@xxxxxxxxx
LlamaLand                       http://netllama.linux-sxs.org