Re: A really good article on software usability

Les Mikesell <lesmikesell@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

  Where's the Linux software that matches this
ease of use?  Or that even lets me set up something once by picking
from a few selections, then never asks again?
A glaring example of this is the Thunderbird prompt as to whether images should be displayed. A "learn" function (e.g., "Always display e-mail images from this sender?") would be wonderful. Instead, everyday I have to click "Display images" in order to read my "Daily Dilbert" as well as several other e-mails.

There are other examples but this is a case where the developers blatantly ignore how most people use a particular program.

Cheers,
Dave

-- Ambrose Bierce