problems with Evolution

I am still having problems with evolution when trying to get my mail through a pop server.  When explaining steps since I am totally blind and actually helping my father it would be very helpful if you could please list steps in order of what to do.  For instance, one guy said not to use password on smtp how is this doen?  Thanks much here is my error message.

Enter password for pilotalk sales
Unable to connect to pop server mail.pilotalk.com.  Error sending password: -ERR Username/Password Mismatch
Please enter the pop password for artg on host mail.pilotalk.com
Remember password is checked.

Scott Berry
Scott Berry
AIM: electronicman4
Add me to your address book... Want a signature like this?