Re: fuse problem after update

On 1/5/07, Giandomenico De Tullio <ghisha@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
Fernando Apesteguía ha scritto:
> On 1/5/07, Paulo Cavalcanti <promac@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> > I read the solution to this in the ntfs-3g web site but I don't want
>> > to compile the module by myself (just I would like to keep all my
>> > system consistent with the RPM database if possible).
>>
>> > The point is that this worked fine, but the last update broke it.
>>
>> > Any help here?
>>
>> In fact, creating the module does work.
>> I built a kmdl rpm for me. You can try do the same (or a kmod if you
>> prefer),
>> if you do not want to install over the original kernel module.
>>

> Well the point is that after an update, some features of my system
> doesn't work (fuse in this case...). I think this is not good.

# rmmod fuse    (remove old, in-kernel  fuse module)

download fuse tarball, extract it, change into kernel/ subdir,

# ./configure --enable-kernel
# make

copy fuse.ko in /lib/modules/`uname -r`/updates/

and from now you will use  updated kernel module.

I did that but I still have the same problem...

My kernel is 2.6.18-1.2869.fc6. How can I go to the previous state? I
want to use the previous fuse version that worked fine.

Thanks in advance

 Sponsor:
 Grande Offerta di Benvenuto Cassine di Pietra:
* 36 bottiglie di ottimo vino veneto direttamente a casa tua!
*
 Clicca qui: http://adv.email.it/cgi-bin/foclick.cgi?mid=3923&d=5-1