Re: Getting people into Linux

Les:
> When you say "DOZE" works out of the box, you cannot be discussing
> Windows, because it has so many flaws itself, other than web browsing or
> email, that are simply due to poor choices of formats, encoding or poor
> documentation to third parties that I have never had a windows system
> that didn't need to reboot at least once every few days.

While I can't argue with that, I thought it was referring to buying a
pre-set up box, that's all ready to go.  That's difficult for many users
to arrange, if they're not buying Windows or Mac.  It's relatively easy
to do for Windows, though I've certainly accounted boxes that were
broken from the get go.

Windows Vista - lovely view, shame about the plumbing...

I read messages from the public lists.