Re: PAE / x86-64 on 965g

javajunkie wrote:
> With a P5B-vm MotherBoard with 4 GB installed and either a PAE enabled
> kernel or a x86_64 anaconda install and the memory remap feature enabled
> in the BIOS (this is necessary to get above 3gb on the motherboard), my
> system either crashes during boot or is very unstable (such as text from
> the initial stages of the boot superimposed over the graphical x86_64
> boot and the fan suddenly running at top speed and never stopping).

You have of course used memtest86 to check all that memory is good,
haven't you?

(Do I understand that with non PAE kernels the system is stable?)

> This motherboard is said to work with a win64 system...

That doesn't imply as much as one might like.

Hope this helps,

James.
--
E-mail:     james@ | Practically any car advert, for example, shows you that
aprilcottage.co.uk | if you buy this car you will get so lost that you end up