Re: Thuderbird as an Evolution replacement ? (Evolution things...)

I have been a long time user of Thunderbird and previous mozilla projects... I like it...

I have only started recently using Evolution for a calendar. The calendar plugin in thunderbird is not as nice. but e-mail is still full thunderbird...

I have it accessing 4 pop3 accounts, and one account that I just decomissioned had 12 e-mail filters based on source and destination. I am on several mailman listserves and have e-mails for specific purposes eg volunteering, work, personal....

Thunderbird does the job for me. I also like it's SPAM filtering. If your ISP has spamassasin settings then thunderbird will filter your junk e-mail and learn on the fly what to add to junk e-mail and delete them or relocate them.

Then there are the extensions... and well that where you have to research.

have Fun

Kim Lux wrote:
I've got large stores of emails on my personal computer from mailing
lists like this one.

I'm finding that Evolution is slow to process incoming mail when
filtering spam and it runs with a high nice priority that seems to hog
the CPU sometimes when I am multi tasking.
I installed Thunderbird on a friends Windows PC the other day and it
looked pretty spiffy.  How does it compare to Evolution ?  Is it robust
enough to handle really large email archives ?

Thanks.