Re: Thuderbird as an Evolution replacement ? (Evolution things...)

Tom Horsley wrote:
and especially don't want to inform the spammers that I
opened their mail because the html referenced some external link :-).

Not that you want to switch, but Mozilla clients (Seamonkey or TB) have a menu option to display mail as "Original HTML", "Simple HTML" or "Plain text". The "Simple" mode will preserve most formatting or embedded graphics but will not load any remote resources. Javascript is disabled by default for email. HTML messages are too common and too useful for me to completely do without. At least I have some reasonable control over it.

I've been very happy with Mozilla email for a long time. They're not super fantastic, but they're good enough, with no real killer problems. Evo, every time I've tried it, has shown some kind of problem that I just didn't want to deal with.

<Joe