Fedora issues (network)

hey Folks,

I think I am on the steep learning curve of SElinux issues. Not all of my problems are rooted in it but keep in mind that if everything seems ok then SElinux might be problematic.

I am runnning Fedora core 5
I have a moderate level of knowledge with Linux
I prefer RPM's but will compile where needed

network setup

modem/router Speedtouch 585
 Name: Avalache
Required ports are being forwarded where needed for various services. I still might have missed something
2 computers
telemark: workstation/laptop
   Eurocom Viper M270s
snowdrift: server
   Compaq Deskpro

For all the challenges bellow I have read the MAN pages, found howto's read about fedora cases and non-fedora cases, and have asked peers where possible.

Some areas of trouble

SAMBA/NFS:
When SElinux on the server is off they work. when it is on they fail. The server and directories are visble in browsers, but accessing the directories fail. So is this somthing I can rectify in Desktop > Admin > Security > Selinux > modify > Samba?
   telemark: Allow users to login to CIFS directories is checked
   snowdrift: Same

Both computers have SAMBA allowed for firewalls and router is passing the documented ports.

Any ideas?. Or maybe there is a post already (although I didn't find it)

VNC/Remote desktop

Follwed the fedora and VNC documentation. this includes setting up the vnc text files. let me know if you want them posted and which ones are important. Maybe I have one overriding another?
   telemark: Server of monitor 2
   mobile: Server on monitor 2

When I use vncviewer localy it works, when I got from telemark to snowdrift then I result in no route to host. although I can ping both the name snowdrift and its ip and get a positive response.

WIRELESS:
Alright here is a kicker... I have an ACX100 (D-link Dwl 650+) chipset for wireless card. I am using windows drivers through ndiswrapper

It works, but is combuersome. I use both a wired and wireless conection. my goal is the switch on the fly. i have tried hotplug, ifplugd and a bunhc of other stuff but am lost.

Currently when I boot my computer without a network connection I need to run a script first
#!/bin/bash

echo bringing up WLAN Device
sudo /sbin/ifconfig wlan0 up
echo ...
sudo /sbin/iwconfig wlan0 enc #########
echo ... ...
sudo /sbin/iwconfig wlan0 essid Avalanche
sudo /sbin/dhclient wlan0
echo finished bringing up WLAN Device
#End

Then I go into the network panel a activate network connection manually. there are two errors in the activation script looking for SLEEP commands.

Then it is going. What I want to be able to do is unplug my wired network and plug in pcmcia card and voila a seamless transport (ok I don't expect to keep a secured connection). Where to?

Those are my network related questions. I figured one thread could multiply instead of starting all the troubles in different threads.

Thanks for any help.

Cheers