Re: How to determine what partition is still not formatted?

kalinix wrote:
... if you issue parted /dev/sdx and then print, you are able to
see all the partitions on sdx, including flags, filesystems a.s.o.

Thanks.

Hadn't tried that, but it doesn't look like any more information than I can get from fdisk. E.g. parted's 'print' shows the partition type, but doesn't actually test whether there's a formatted file system there unless you're doing a file system operation on it. And it feels safer to me to just try and mount a partition temporarily, and read-only if you really want to be careful.

<Joe