Re: Can't boot after upgrade to FC6

---- Original Message -----
From: Timothy Murphy <tim@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> I would try running grub interactively;
> type "c" when the grub prompt appears,
> and then "root = (hd0,0)" or "root = (hd1,0)",
> and see what grub reports.

That's just it - the grub prompt never appears nor does anything else
but a blank screen before a reboot. The way I got into grub
interactivly was to enter rescue mode by using the installation DVD
and then type grub at the shell prompt.

# grub
grub> root (hd0,0)
   Filesystem type unknown, partition type 0x7

Is it possible that grub got installed in the wrong place? How can I
find out where grub is installed?

Thanks,
Steve