Re: MS office Under Linux

Dotan Cohen wrote:

On 28/12/06, Patrick <flymooney@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
   I never found the grammar-checking in MS Office to work particularly
great. Nothing seems to replace the good old Harbrace (see Mom...I did
learn something in school).

Patrick, not all of us are native English speakers. Theose grammer
checkers are especially important for us who might be able to express
ourselves in English, but need to present a professional appearance.

Dotan Cohen

Exactly my point. If you want to present a professional appearance, do not rely on the grammar-checking in MS Office to get you there. Nothing replaces checking with a Harbrace (or a native speaker) when you need to make sure that what you are sending is grammatically correct. A good idea is to contract with a local college student who speaks both languages to check your most important emails. The low-priority ones do not have to be perfect. But if you are trying to project a professional appearance, nothing beats having the language in your email (or letters) verified by a native speaker.

Patrick