Re: MS office Under Linux

On 12/26/06, Edward Dekkers <edward@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> "Crossover Office" is not free.
> I have tryed to install MS-office with Wine but I encontoured a problem.
> Is there any things or an other tool to add in order to solve this problem.
> Liloulinx

Two real options if you don't want to pay:

1> Use OpenOffice instead. There's a reason MS Office won't run under
Linux very well - it wasn't designed for it. I wouldn't hold your breath
  waiting for Microsoft to make a "Microsoft Office for Linux".

2> Get a virtual machine emulator for Linux, and install Windows and
Office under that.

In case you have a fast enough computer and some spare hard disk
space, then use VMware server, which is free and works fine:

http://www.vmware.com/download/server/

Paul