Re: Blocking Spam

From: "Florin Andrei" <florin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

jdow wrote:

(I jettison the Fedora RPM and use cpan. That
gives you a "canonical" install.

yum install cpan2rpm

Then you can run cpan2rpm on any tar.gz from CPAN and build RPM packages. That's twice "canonical" - you're using the newest CPAN stuff _and_ it's all in RPM.

I have a dummy spamassassin RPM that installs nothing other than the
knowledge that a dummy spamassassin is present to satisfy the YUM monster.

No need to do that. Just pull all the prerequisites from CPAN, run cpan2rpm on each one and install the packages, then build and install the spamassassin RPM (rpmbuild -ta spamassassin*.tar.gz).

cpan gives the opportunity to install dependancies on the fly.
{^,-}

Cpan does NOT allow uninstall in any convenient manner I have found.
{O,o} to me.

You win some and you lose some.

{^_^}