kubuntu install takes over my fc5 grub

Jack Byers     byersj@xxxxxxxxxxx
[byers@bootp ~]$ uname -a
Linux bootp 2.6.17-1.2174_FC5 #1 Tue Aug 8 15:30:55 EDT 2006 i686 i686 i386 GNU/Linux

fc5 is my main system
I am multi booting  that with
--another, earlier copy of the fc5
--an old rh8
--a special Quantian.iso booted via grub
--a debootstrap install of kubuntu 6.06 dapper  kind of works but problems
all of the above accessed by my grub on the fc5, no problems

--today just finished normal install from the kubuntu live dvd 6.06 dapper
that install was evidently successful ( havent explored it much)
but there was no way toprevent it from taking over with its own grub

the resulting grub boot menu
still allows me to boot back into my main fc5 which is where i am now
but
it messed up the rh8, clearly a bad configuration line
it completely missed the Quantian
it created duplicates of the deboostrap, with slightly different cofiiguration, different titles

basically what i need from this list is what do i do to recreate the grub running under fc5?
i would like to explore that kubuntu install,
but not at the cost of it messing with my fc5.

maybe with enough googling i could figure this out,
but i am none-too-confident of my skills here;
my grub experience is mainly limited to modifiying the grub.conf to add multiple os.

my fc5 is working, still bootable from the new kubuntu grub,
so i havent  damaged my fc5, except for this grub issue.
but i might well do something bonehead here without advice.

I want grub working again from fc5, not kubuntu

help would be much appreciated
Jack

Type your favorite song.  Get a customized station.  Try MSN Radio powered by Pandora. http://radio.msn.com/?icid=T002MSN03A07001