Re: Help for firefox neededhelp for firefox needed

On Wednesday 27 December 2006 19:21, Steve Searle wrote:
> Around 06:15pm on Wednesday, December 27, 2006 (UK time), Jonas G scrawled:
> > Firefox 1.5 is old. Maybe you should download and free firefox2!
>
> Firefox 1.5.0.8 is the version that is supplied with/officially supported
> by Fedora.
>
> Steve

Hi Steve. I don't think this is a firefox problem. I can get the
indiamusiconline site playing music on FC2, using Firefox 1.5.0.4 (which I
should have upgraded, and have done on the another machine, and am trying to
track down where I downloaded it to, like which distro). The site also plays
fine on FC5, using Firefox-1.5.0.9, which is the latest Firefox update.

this really seems to be a problem associated with the realplayer plugins.
Mplayerplugin provides many plugins, including the "rm" (realmedia) one, and
perhaps if you have also installed realplayer10GOLD.bin from the realmedia
site there is some sort of conflict going on between the Mplayerplugins "rm"
plugin, and realplayer10GOLD.bin that you've just installed when using
Firefox.

As I've already posted, with FC2 I download Firefox from the mozilla site,
install it in /usr/local, and run the firefox shellscript from a desktop
launcher on KDE. When I install mplayerplugin, it installs all the plugins
in /usr/lib/mozilla/plugins. Next I need to create softlinks from Firefox
to /usr/lib/mozilla/plugins for the mplayerplugins I want to use, which for
me are just the "wmp" and "qt" ones. I already have realplayer10GOLD.bin
installed, so don't need another "rm" plugin.

I'm not saying to the OP, what's the problem here? there clearly is some
problem. It's just a problem finding out what the problem is, if that makes
any sense.

Nigel.