Re: Mail senders' address extraction

Robert wrote:
Is anyone aware of a program that will extract all unique senders'
addresses from a Mozilla/SeaMonkey Inbox and write them to a text file?
I tried 'grep From: $PATH/Inbox | grep "@" | sort | uniq >' which gets a
lot of what I want but a lot of what I don't want, along with it.
The SPAM situation has gotten to the point that I'm gonna start doing
permissive filtering -- mail from anyone not specifically allowed gets
auto-dumped.  The idea is to get a list of everyone who has mailed me in
2006 and decide who of those on that list I'd like to hear from in 2007
and beyond.

mozilla has features which will put the mail that you deem inappropriate into the deleted folder if you set it up that way. Then when you get messages from me, for instance, you can mark it as junk. The next time the mail will be dumpted where you do not need to delete the message from the inbox and then through the deleted folder.

I used to use this feature and it worked well. I just use the tools > "Delete mail marked as junk in Folder" now since junk mail is rather light on my end.

Good luck with your method.

Jim

--
... Had this been an actual emergency, we would have fled in terror,
and you would not have been informed.