Re: Help for firefox neededhelp for firefox needed

On Tuesday 26 December 2006 21:41, Ric Moore wrote:
> On Tue, 2006-12-26 at 17:49 +0530, Amitakhya Phukan wrote:
> >
> > hi all!
> >

> > I was initially having RHEL4 U4 in my laptop and was able to listen to
> > most of the music online. Trouble has started now with FC6.
> >
> > The site is : musicindiaonline.com.
> >
> > I try to listen to any music here..the thing is that, it pops out a
> > winidow which detects the presence of Java and players installed. Then
> > it asks for choosing a player between RealPlayer and Windows Media
> > Player. I choose RealPlayer and click ok button (or whatever is
> > there). It then doesn't play the song/music but throws an error window
> > stating --- Error: Methods Missing.
> >
> > Please help. I have realplay, mplayer etc all installed. I am able to
> > play mpeg,ogg files but from sites like the one I mentioned above, I
> > am not able to listen to any music. The same error is thrown in
> > Seamonkey and epiphany.
>
> I'm trying to make this work, even dnloaded realplayer10gold. I think
> they must just be having you sit there while they toss ads at you.
> hrmmmmm?

Hi Ric. I still havn't psyched myself up enough for another 8 days of dialup
downloading for FC6, and from all the problems I see with it on the list, I
don't know whether it's worth the hassle. I'm still mainly using FC2 on the
one machine, even though no longer supported, but firefox plays the OP's
websites music ok on FC2, but all the adds are rather annoying. Tried it on
Debian Etch and Firefox which is booted up on the other machine, but can't
get a peep out of that on the site, just a load of adds, and it says it's
for the site, but as the music only needs realplayer, I should be hearing
something. I'll have to shutdown Etch, and bootup FC5, and see if there is
any joy there.

Anyway thats my reply so far. I'm still trying to find my way round this site,
but it's taking some time, and I can confirm I am getting intersting sounds
from the site with FC2, and Firefox, using realplayer10GOLD.bin

Nigel.

btw. hope your having a nice holiday