Re: Help for firefox neededhelp for firefox needed

On Tuesday 26 December 2006 13:19, Amitakhya Phukan wrote:

> hi all!
>

> I was initially having RHEL4 U4 in my laptop and was able to listen to
> most of the music online. Trouble has started now with FC6.
>
> The site is : musicindiaonline.com.
>
> I try to listen to any music here..the thing is that, it pops out a
> winidow which detects the presence of Java and players installed. Then
> it asks for choosing a player between RealPlayer and Windows Media
> Player. I choose RealPlayer and click ok button (or whatever is
> there). It then doesn't play the song/music but throws an error window
> stating --- Error: Methods Missing.
>
> Please help. I have realplay, mplayer etc all installed. I am able to
> play mpeg,ogg files but from sites like the one I mentioned above, I
> am not able to listen to any music. The same error is thrown in
> Seamonkey and epiphany.
>
> Regards,
> Amitakhya Phukan.

Hi. Sorry for the delay. I've been trying to clear up all the email, and have
been listening to Bollywood hits for about an hour from the site your having
a problem with.

I've only tried the site using FC2, and Firefox. Firefox doesn't ask for any
player choices, and uses realplayer without any prompting.

Just for info, I have the Linux version of realplayer installed, version
10GOLD.bin, which I use for Internet radio from bbc.co.uk. Mplayer is
installed, and Mplayerplug-in, also Java JRE, and Flash-plugin.

My Firefox on FC2 is downloaded from the Mozilla site, and is in /usr/local,
therefore I have to create softlinks to /usr/lib/mozilla/plugins for all the
plugins. As Firefox is available with FC5. and FC6 you do not have to create
the links.

It's not much help, but the only thing I can think of, If you have both
RealPlayer-10GOLD.bin from the realmedia site, and the Mplayerplug-in
installed, is that there may be conflicts between the 2 realplayer plugins.
Mplayerplugin uses an earlier version of the realmedia plugin.

Sorry I can't help much, but thanks for the link to the site. The music is
quite different to what I usually listen to.

Nigel.