Re: FireWire iPod?

Hi Tim,

This wouldn't be one of those iPods that only uses the Firewire socket
as a power socket?  I was reading about some of the strange evolution of
the iPod the other day, can't remember where from, though.

I guess it is, I think just about all iPods are this way, whether USB
or FireWire, if you plug them into a USB/FireWire port they start
charging.

Anyway, I've ordered a $20 USB 2.0 card (adaptec) to just put this
issue to rest, since it works flawlessly with USB.  I needed more
ports anyway.

Thanks,
Nick