Re: buildreq

Rahul Sundaram wrote:
>>$ sudo yum-builddep coreutils
>>Setting up repositories
>>Error: No Package Matching coreutils.src
>
> This is not how you use it. You should run it against the downloaded
> SRPM. Works fine in FC6 which I am using now.

Thanks Rahul.  The documentation is outdated or just plain wrong then.

The manpage says:

DESCRIPTION
       yum-builddep  is  a  program  which installs the RPMs needed to
       build the specified package.  The source RPM for the specified
       package must be available in the Yum repository or it can be a
       local source RPM file.

EXAMPLES
       Download and install all the RPMs needed to build the kernel
       RPM:
              yum-builddep kernel

It used to work this way and there's still code in the package that
tries to operated on package names, but fails.

The meek shall inherit the earth, but not the mineral rights.
    -- John Paul Getty