Re: Blocking Spam

jdow wrote:
> How are you installing it? (I jettison the Fedora RPM and use cpan. That
> gives you a "canonical" install. Before removing the RPM save the file
> /etc/init.d/spamassassin. It is useful when it comes time to make spamd
> run.)
>
> I have a dummy spamassassin RPM that installs nothing other than the
> knowledge that a dummy spamassassin is present to satisfy the YUM monster.

That's "canonical" as in "direct from http://spamassassin.apache.org/";?

The download page says
  RPM: SpamAssassin RPMs can be built directly from the tar file.

    * Simply run:

      rpmbuild -tb Mail-SpamAssassin-3.1.7.tar.gz

      If necessary use the following option if you grab the bzip2 tar
      file instead of the gzip version:

      --define "srcext .bz2"

You end up with two RPMs you need to install, instead of Fedora's one,
but you end up with canonical SpamAssassin managed by RPM.

Hope this helps,

James.

--
E-mail:     james@ | "Never trust a species that grins all the time.
aprilcottage.co.uk | It's up to something."