Re: Blocking Spam

Mike Wohlgemuth wrote:
Todd Simi wrote:
Hi,

I'm getting spammed to death.  I'm running sendmail and ClamAV.
By far the most effective anti-spam measure I've ever used is greylisting. I don't use sendmail, but milter-greylist is in extras. That, with spamassassin with nightly runs of sa-update is about the best combination I've been able to find.

Mike

I tried greylisting in combination with spamassassin and it really didn't buy me much, many of the spammers are starting to get intelligent and will retry the message in an attempt to get around the greylisting.

Spamassassin by far has worked very very well for me, and yes in addition to the sa-updates I have a handful of sare rules that get updated daily.

I'm down to 1 to 2 spam emails a day from a 50+ a day about 2 years ago before spamassassin.

Jeff