LCD via VGA port

Hi,

I am having problems connecting an LCD to a nvidia card
using a VGA port in FC6. I only succeeded using
either a DVI port or a DVI-VGA adaptor. With a real CRT
everything is works fine.

I tried the VGA port approach in two different computers (GeForce 4 and FX-5200)
with two different Samsung LCDs (510N and 710N), and got the same
result. With the nv driver, generally, the screen becomes black after a logout
and X does not return. The nvidia driver is even worse. If I manage to login,
the system hangs during a video intensive application.

I have never had any problem using FC5, what makes me believe that
the problem stems from xorg 7.1

Any suggestion will be really appreciated.

Thanks,

/Paulo