Re: PAE kernel default with 1.5gb of ram?

Dave Jones wrote:

It's a teeny bit slower if you don't need it. The structures describing
pages of memory [known as PTE's] are larger, so take up more RAM, and
take bit longer to fetch, but in practice, you'll usually not even notice
the difference.  It's hard to make it show up even on benchmarks with
modern CPUs.

Is it good enough that we can consider making the default kernel PAE and dropping the variant? That would make QA easier. In FC6, one of my top favorite feature is dropping the separate smp variant.

Rahul