Re: OT Thin Clients

On 12/25/06, Norm <maillist@xxxxxxx> wrote:
A friend of mine and I were discussing setting up a server to service
our family members via a Thin Client from lap tops.
While a thin client into a linux server at a command line level is no
big issue, in this case the users must be able to log onto a gui
interface level and use their personal desktop.  After looking at things
a bit it seems that it is possible for only one user at a time to log on
to an xinterface, we had thought that it might be possible to connect to
isolated workspaces, are we missing something in the process?

check out LTSP, from memory it's www.lstp.org but goolge will find
it...  I imagine it does every thing you are looking for.

--
Rob