Re: Just Checking re: ATI Radeon Video drivers ??

Thanks Kevin;

> William Case <billlinux <at> rogers.com> writes:

> Why are you installing fglrx in the first place? The 9600 should work out of
> the box (using the Free radeon and r300_dri drivers which come with Fedora)!
>
>         Kevin Kofler

I was trying to overcome a TV Tuner card problem I had.  Can't be fixed;
the card is obviously broken, busted, kaput so I removed the fglrx as
you suggested and am now using the radeon driver again.  Couldn't find a
r300_dri.  Is that a special driver?  Would it be contained in the
Xorg-X11-drv-drivers package that is on my machine?  Anyway my xorg.conf
contains a 'dri' option so I suppose that if r300_dri is a driver it is
installed.

Still having problems with compiz, but it seems many/most/all people are
to, so I will leave that as a problem for the new year.

Thanks again for your response.
--
Regards Bill