Re: Big Problems with Session Manager ??

William Case wrote:
Hi;

Before I submit a series of bugs to bugzilla, I would like to check if
others are having the same problems.  Specifically with Gnome Sessions
Manager:

Documentation:  The session manager does not match the help documents.
1) "Automatically save changes to session: ....  If you do not select
this option, when you end your session the Logout Confirmation dialog
displays
a Save current setup option."  This does not exist on the log out
dialogue even though it used to.  Logically it might not be any longer
necessary,  but, when nothing else is working the way it is expected to,
then it would be reassuring if not down right useful to save the current
setup option.

This has been an irritation since FC5.
Also, if you crash an X session either intentionally or unintentionally, the next login features *some* of your applications, only one gnome terminal at a random location, the gnome session chooser dialog (even though default is the only session) and a randomly sized and placed nautilus.

Now you are stuck with this setup until you turn on save session at exit again.

The option to set up things the way you like it, lock it down, and repeat it on each successive login is gone from the session options altogether.

This is my number one gripe with Gnome now days. It is impossible currently to have a consistent desktop on login. It has been this way since FC5.

I have been waiting to see complaints here, but perhaps its just all the systems I know of that are having this issue, and no-one on the forum. :)