Re: Xine crashes

Paul,
getting the xine rpms from fresmeat will work fine for you. I've been using them since FC2 and they do work fine. I can play dvds, avis, mpgs mp3 wmvs quicktime, you mention it. The only thing that I have observed on FC6 that when the pup appeared with software updates for the xine-lib it screwed twice one on my laptop and the other on another box. I uninstalled xine-lib and xine and put back the ones from freshmeat, that solved the issue. I thing the issue is that it may be newer libraries but the player itself and the skins are the old ones. Now when pup appears I just uncheck xine-lib and everything runs smoothly.

regards

Linux user number 433512
Free as in Freedom:
http://counter.li.org